Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Lot's of Progress

Eric worked very hard putting the wood on the walls. Dad and I went to Elswick's Lumber and almost bought all the basswood they had. I really love the character this wood has.

Our flat screen will look beautiful above the mantel.....with the Corinthian bronze light fixtures on each side.



The wall to the right of the basement door is my favorite. I love the looks of the wood....Eric said that it's rot.....oh, well, it's pretty rot!



Heat and air ducts.....it's taking a REALLY long time for our heat and air system to get installed but, they are making progress. I think it's close to being finished. I had to design the pattern for this board that goes over the sink. I thought hearts would be cute...we have hearts in our rock wall. Of course, Eric doesn't like this but, I do. I thought Teddy did a great job cutting my pattern out but, he doesn't really like it either. What do you guys think???


Small bathroom sink cabinet.

Double bowl sink cabinet and medicine cabinet in our master bathroom. The faucets cost twice as much as both cabinets, including the bowls.......seriously!!!!



Mom finished the mural last weekend, thankfully, she's alright! She added a beautiful deer into the scenery but, I forgot to get a picture of it.....I'll get it soon.


I worked on my paint job, doing some needed trimming. Dad put log siding (same as on the outside) up on this wall in our master bedroom.


I helped very little but, when dad needed me to hold something I was there. Plus I made some awesome Taco Soup for lunch....YUM! I think the final product turned out wonderfully. We are going to keep these logs completely natural.


Last weekend, Teddy and Eric worked really hard on making our kitchen cabinets. They are custom white pine, which we will stain red mahogany.



Mr. Eric was worried that I wasn't going to have enough cabinet space, so worried that he thought I should send back my dishwasher. I told him he was crazy...I do have a full pantry that is the size of a small bathroom.






I think the cabinets are looking great. Teddy has two more doors to make b/c we ran out of lumber. Then, we have to stain and add the hardware and they're done!



I need help. We are putting tin on the celing in the kitchen/dining room. We don't know what color will work. Our sink faucet and lighting is bronze......so what color would look good???? Hopefully you can see the available colors on the picture below. If you think you have a good eye for color, let me know and I will send you the pdf and you can get a lot better look at this. I'd really apprecite your opinion b/c we're going to need to order the tin asap! Thanks!






2 comments:

  1. I love looking at all the posts regarding your house, Michelle! It's turning out beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the heart pattern above the sink. I think it's a good idea to keep the heart theme going in subtle places throughout the house. You should have mom to put some secret hearts into her mural.

    ReplyDelete