Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Cedar Stained Siding

To all my followers: Cookout on August 1st, 2009 6:30 pm....come and join us for some food and good times, plus you can check out the house in person!
We wanted the color of cedar and I think we got it. Eric and I are happy with the color. What do you guys think?





This looks dangerous, doesn't it?


This side litterally took about 15 minutes to stain...even with two coats.





This "high side" was the first side that they attempted. It was the hardest and took the longest to do.
This is my cousin, Tiny, he graciously helped us apply the stain to the log siding. With this fancy spayer, it made for a pretty easy job. I can say that b/c I was only gophering and taking pics....but, I'm sure it was a lot easier than brushing or rolling the stain on.
We have absolutely had so much help on our house. My cousin Butch helped us out tremondously on getting the stain.



1 comment:

  1. Just checked out the latest photos of your home and its amazingly beautiful! The kitchen is my favorite area because of its cabin-like design. It started with a cedar siding now it's a gorgeous haven for your family. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete