Monday, July 13, 2009

Sunny House

There is a dug well behind the house, it's probably been there since before the 1950's. We didn't have any idea if we could use it for water or not but, my dad had Dale Grose to bring his well drilling rig out and clean out the well. He pulled a bunch of trash out of it & FOUND WATER. So, we are really excited and think that we may be able to run our house on this well. This is a picture of some the metal dad pulled out with a magnet. The well is 88 feet deep and there's about 15 feet of water. Dale told us that it will pump about 8 gallons a minute.

I called today and ordered a water testing kit just to make sure the water is safe for drinking. I'm going to pay to have the water tested for arsenic, fluoride, lead, and nitrates. I also have to call another lab to have it tested for bacteria. It never hurts to be safe! Eric thinks I'm crazy and am wasting the money but, I don't care. If there is something bad in it, he'll be apologizing to me.
Dad went out on the farm this morning and took this picture. It is really the best picture of the house, yet. You can actually see the color of the roof. Eric said that it looked like a picture out of a magazine.








No comments:

Post a Comment