Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Our back porch a few weeks ago.

Our back yard with almost a foot of snow.


This was over a month ago when the snow melted and the turkeys found the corn that Eric fed to the deer. There were 18 turkeys in our front yard and poor Eric slept right through it :(



I just wanted to include a picture of my new corner shelf. My sister-n-law made it and it was my gift from the Yankee gift exhange we play on Christmas at Eric's grandparent's house.

This winter, on the Kerr Farm, it has been blistery....I mean horribly blistery. We had nearly two feet of snow at times, once the snow melts, there's mud and then it snows again. I'm keeping the thoughts of spring time in my head and I'm very excited of the thought. However, it makes me think of house projects. Our #1 priority is getting city water out to our house. I'd like to put up lattice and plaster rock on the outside garage walls. Eric and I also want to prepare a place for a garden, which will include an electric fence and a lot of work to the soil.
I've been stressed lately because it has taken 103 days for Consol Energy to provide Eric and me with insurance. I bought a internet hot spot device that was supposed to be awesome and it really sucks in Clay. Then add to the mix that Eric and I weren't invited to his grandfather's 80th birthday party. I was upset about that but, I'm over it now.





1 comment:

  1. Booooo! No internet and not getting invited to Eric's grandpa's party! Keep thinking of spring and all the delicious veggies you'll be growing in that garden!

    ReplyDelete