Wednesday, June 1, 2011

More Spring Additions & Celebrations

Our bucket of flowers accidentally turned over and the flowers, still continue to bloom.  Well, it didn't really accidentally turn over.  I found this old bucket in the woods on the farm & created the "accident".
 Eric has been working really hard on our garden.  He planted tomatoes, beans, peppers, cabbage, cucumbers, and squash.  The deer have stayed away so far but, a rabbit ate a few of the cabbage plants.  So, we placed chicken wire around the ground, which has kept the rabbit out, so far.
 This is my small herb garden.
 Our flowers are blooming pretty good.  I know you're probably thinking that some mulch would really improve the looks of our flower bed.  But, with all the wood in our house, I think it would be smart to keep mulch away b/c it can easily be infested with termites.  I'd like to buy some pretty pea gravel to place around the flowers.  But, that expense can wait for now.
 This past weekend was full of celebrations.  My lil' cousin (Baby) Danny graduated from high school.  Mom and I ran out for his graduation ceremony & his party.  His momma is so proud!
I celebrated my Sweet double 15, in Eric's words.  I had my party at the campground on Sutton Lake.  It was an awesome party.  My aunt, Vera, had this banner made, which I just love!
 My sister fixed up this game, which was really fun!  You tossed a ball and tried to get it in the cup, if you did, you got the prize in the corresponding bag.
 Mom made a chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream and caramel drizzled on top!  It was delicious and perfect for a hot day!
 My friend, Kristi, drove from Harrodsburg, KY for my party.  I was so thankful to her & everyone that came.
 Even little Trent got to play the game, with the help of Eric.
Yesterday, was also a joyous occasion.  It was my & Eric's 3rd Wedding Anniversary.  He was off work Monday night, so we got to wake up together Tuesday morning.  I had something to take care of after work so, I didn't get to see him before he left for work that day.  But, when I got home, I was surprised with flowers, a card, and dinner.  It was such a sweet gift.  I love my husband so much and I guess he loves me so much too!
I'd like to give a special thanks to Mom, Frankie, Dad, Vera & Boyce, Eric, Kay & Jason, Diana, and everyone else that helped make my 30th birthday a very special day.

No comments:

Post a Comment